A Whale watching + Cruise tour by North Shore Catamaran Charters. Back to all tours.
Tour Summary: Join the only commercial sailing catamaran on the entire North Shore and get up close with breaching whales
- Morning, afternoon, and sunset options
- Spectacular ocean views from the North Shore
Important: This is a seasonal tour, only available from mid-December to mid-April
|(excluding taxes & fees)||$75||$60|
Tour Provider: North Shore Catamaran Charters
Activity: Whale watching + Cruise
Tour start time: 9:30 am, 12:30 pm, 4:30 pm
Duration: 2 - 2.5 hours
Departure from: Haleiwa
Pick-up available? No
Included: Soft Drinks & Water included. Guests may BYOB (we offer a cooler on board).
Cancellations: All cruises and tours have a 24-hour notice of cancellation policy, and there is a 20% fee for rescheduling within 24-hour period. Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances (i.e. lack of participation). Weather conditions are decided at the boat dock.
Read more: about cruise on the Love Oʻahu website in our cruise guide.
North Shore Catamaran organizes their whale watching cruises on the Ho’o Nanea. This vessel is just the right size to keep you close to the ocean, but big enough to be a safe and stable viewing platform, making it the perfect boat for North Shore whale watching.
There are very few whale watching tours in Haleiwa; as a matter of fact, This is the only commercial sailing catamaran on the whole North Shore. You will not find a gaggle of boats competing for whales.
Morning, Early afternoon, or Sunset whale watching?
You can choose to go on a whale watching tour at 3 different times, and each comes with their own advantage:
- Morning cruises: The early morning is the best time to go whale watching if seeing whales is all you care about. Oftentimes the wind has not yet picked up which means the ocean is calmer, wihch in turn means that it will be easier to spot whales at a distance.
- early afternoon cruises: Are very convenient. They let you have a relaxed morning and come back to shore in time for a quick visit to a nearby beach before you need to start thinking about dinner.
- Sunset cruises: The sunset hours here in Hawaiʻi are magical and I think we can all agree that North Shore sunsets are the best :). If you want to experience the sunset from the ocean while spotting whales, this is the time you should choose.
We are affiliate partners with North Shore Catamaran Charters meaning that we receive a percentage for each successful booking made through our website. This happens without any additional charge to you!
By booking tours through our website you support Love Oʻahu and help us to provide you and future visitors with free and high quality information about the Big Island. Thanks, you guys are amazing!